Been around this site for a while now and had a couple of side projects on the go that never really went anywhere but we're fun to throw together.
I have over 14 years of development experience and I'm currently a contract full-stack web developer based in the UK. For the more techy of you, my core technologies are:
- Symfony, Laravel
- Vue.JS, AngularJS
- MySQL, Redis
- Ubuntu, GIT, SSH, Memcached, Beanstalkd
- Digital Ocean (AWS/GCP alternative)
I've worked on a whole lot of projects and can generally achieve anything needed with reason. Some examples of things I've worked on for clients & myself would be:
- Automated gaming league with match fixtures, scheduling, bracket progression, game lobbies and automated results.
- Hardware for boats (some basic trackers, some touch screen units) that plugs into existing NMEA systems and either uses a 2g sim module or wifi connection to post data (wind speed, boat speed, gps position etc) to a remote api & display this data live. This is an ongoing project.
- Education system targeting UK primary students that want to get into selective schools with the 11plus exam with automatic promotion to different difficulty levels based on their test results along with mock exams.
- Facilities management system for auditing health and safety checks that's all done by mobile QR code scanning and note taking along with risk management.
- Tax & Income systems on mainframes for large financial banks such a JPMorgan/Morgan Stanley.
- Matrimonial dating website with insane traffic and hardened security
- All sorts of other things
I'm not looking to throw myself at everything but I'm looking to find something I find interesting that could really do with my expertise behind it to give it the push it needs.
In general my main interests are, but not limited to:
- Competitive PC Gaming
- Sailing / Travel
- Flying Drones (Self Built FPV & DJI types)
If you have something outside of this feel free to still hit me up as I could still be interested. I'm always up for a challenge but I need to find something I'm passionate about as my contracting covers the rest.
For clarification I'm looking for a tech founder role with equity on a validated idea.
Couple of links for some more background: