4
1 Comment

How to Start a 7-Figure Publishing Company

I started a publishing company over 8 years ago. We publish over 400 books a year, and have a team of 7 full-time staff and over 30 contractors depending on the project.

In this video, I talk about how I did it and whether or not it makes sense for you to do this as well.

  1. 1

    Hey Patrick,

    Is it true that in the publishing world only 3% of the books make up the revenue that pays for the other 97% failures? I saw in your video you recommend only creating a publishing company if your going to sell multiple books, and not just sell one book. So how do you go about identifying books that are worth investing in? How much capitol is necessary to get one book off the ground. The publishing game right now seems very risky to me, not quite sure how much capitol would be necessary to really get a publishing company off the ground. I imagine its similar to running a musical label, and needing to find artists and ensure their music is successful in order to reap the rewards.

Trending on Indie Hackers
Stablecoins not so stable — Terra (UST) crashed 18 comments Going all-in on myself 17 comments What is your ramen profitable goal? 15 comments Paul Graham on ramen profitability 6 comments Ask for early feedback: Script management platform 5 comments Who’s working like a hunter-gatherer (i.e. less than 20hrs/wk)? 1 comment